Ready and waiting, and waiting, in Larimore

Join us at the Purple Martin Association of the Dakotas Forum and create conversations or have general discussions about Purple Martins in the Dakotas.
Caroline

Ready and waiting, and waiting, in Larimore

Post by Caroline »

Our 15 gourds are filled with pre-nests and hung. Wes and I helped a neighbor hang three gourds under his PM house. I have one more "newbie" to help get set up.

We are ready and waiting in Larimore. The "average" date for my Purple Martins to return is April 23. I try to always have the gourds up by April 15. "Gourd Hanging Day" gives that date a better connotation than the usual deadline!

I've said for the past three years I was going to put up a Gemini II system. A neighbor directly across the road has planted a long row of very tall, fast growing popular trees. The huge trees were put in by a tree company using special equipment; and are growing at an alarming rate. I'm holding off on the new system until I decide if these trees are going to have a negative impact on my PMs.
"...Not all those who wander are lost..." J.R.R. Tolkien

Perry D. Vogel

Re: Ready and waiting, and waiting, in Larimore

Post by Perry D. Vogel »

I saw my first Purple Martin today of the season! The houses are up so there better be some takers. :) May the 4th be with you!
Best Regards

Perry D. Vogel
Secretary, Cofounder
Phone +1 (701) 732 - 0246
Email perry@purplemartindakotas.org
Purple Martin Association of the Dakotas
Grand Forks, North Dakota
shop.PurpleMartinDakotas.org