PMOD SITE

Join us at the Purple Martin Association of the Dakotas Forum and create conversations or have general discussions about Purple Martins in the Dakotas.
SYmywa

PMOD SITE

Post by SYmywa »

Administrator
Congrats,
Changes were Immediately Obvious!
Popped open with much Vigor!

Now, for some PM Curiosity Seekers. :roll:

JEROME

admin
Site Admin

Re: PMOD SITE

Post by admin »

Pulled a couple of all-nighters and spent the last weekend in geek mode. :ugeek:

SYmywa

Post by SYmywa »

WOW
Good on You!

Well, exitments building, PM crashed the border into Iowa! Although temps are still borderline.

Dave Duit

Post by Dave Duit »

ASYs are one week early here in Iowa. Across the board with our members in comparison to last years arrival dates it is one week difference. If things go as they are right now, I expect martins will also arrive about one week early in the Dakotas. Best of luck everyone.
Nest checks, supplement feeding and good landlord practices make for a healthy colony.

SYmywa

Post by SYmywa »

Along with "Early bird" Iowa, Minnesotas moderating temp is losing snow, but gaining avian, crows, geese & Robins have arrived to name a few!

Dave Duit

Post by Dave Duit »

With the cold weather a thing of the past, a wide variety of bird species are moving into the state. I live on a small lake in central Iowa and we now have American coots, northern shovelers, white egrets, fish hawks, pipers, wood ducks, red winged blackbirds. Interestingly, here in Iowa we do not have yellow winged blackbirds. When I vacation in Minnesota I do see them.
Nest checks, supplement feeding and good landlord practices make for a healthy colony.

SYmywa

Post by SYmywa »

Dave
Most Avian have Rereturn here as well, waiting to see Orials, Rose breasted Grossbeak n Hummers.
We see a pr. of BB n TS numbers in the 20s, but no PM closer than an hour away, although migrants have probably flowen right over on their way to Manitoba and Saskatchewan!?🤔

Dave Duit

Post by Dave Duit »

I'm suprised to hear no martins at your location. We do have a few TS. No Orioles or hummers.

SYmywa

Post by SYmywa »

In 2018 the first ASY-m arrived on May 15, bout noon.
By noon on May 16, an SY-f was seen Chatting with him!
Is that a bit Unusual to see SY-f that soon?
Anyway, the SY camped about 4 days n Disappeared!
Next day he had Twin SY-f purtched on his roof.
DETERMINED CHAP!😉